Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Get Ready for Summer!


Hello everyone – It’s Lenore here with this week’s post! 


Summer is finally starting. School is ending or has ended already in some parts of the country now. It’s time to spend the evenings and weekends outside enjoying the warm weather and sunshine.  This is the time of the year I take the most photos between summer get-togethers, vacations and trips to the beaches and water parks. Unfortunately I do not get much scrapbooking or crafting done in the summer months but have found a few ways to keep up with those growing piles of summer photos. 

I recently tried the Project Life style of scrapbooking. I love the idea of completing the pages quickly and easily but the orientation of my photos and how many photos I had for each page did not always work well for me. In the end though, I was able to get an entire short Disney trip into an album in a day! I just need to go back and add titles and embellishments to my pages but I can work on that easily in the evenings this summer - a little bit each evening but no pressure - totally do-able in my book.   

I am now motivated to get my visit to Disneyland last January into a Creative Memories Picfolio album which is very similar to Project Life. The photos are all sorted and ready to go in – the perfect project for a rainy summer weekend.


Another way I love to get pages done quickly  is to use kits – this is actually my favorite! I am a kit club hoarder!! I have been “collecting” and using for many years now. There are two types of kits that i use, page layout kits and kits that are a collection of coordinating papers and embellishments.  Here is a Basic Grey page layout kit that I completed recently:




I have lots of leftover paper and stickers to create more pages. Hmmm...... I am now going to challenge myself to make something with these leftovers this weekend!

And a new summer kit I just got in the mail from Personal Scrapper one of my favorite kit clubs. This month they featured Simple Stories “I Heart Summer” Check back later in the summer to see what pages I have completed with this kit!! How do you plan on getting more scrapping done this summer??? 


P.S. - I totally "heart" this sticker sheet! Doesn't it just scream summer fun? 



signature

2 comments: