Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Make a Wish & Use Your Stash

Hi, there! Carla here today. As I’ve mentioned before, I love to use scraps from my stash to make cards. Here’s one I designed for my mom, using just a couple of stickers left over from different sets, a bit of patterned paper, and a punch. 




The secret to creating a card from scraps like this is to unite the elements with a consistent color scheme -- in this case, pink, brown, and blue. I began with the stickers, and I was super excited to find a scrap of old (but still great!) striped patterned paper that tied them both together!

To make the card, I layered brown cardstock on the white card. Then I took a scrap of pink cardstock almost the same size as the brown, and punched the loops on the four corners. I used a craft knife to cut away the sides between each punch, which allowed the loops to extend out from the pink rectangle. After layering the pink cardstock on the brown, all that was left to do was add my stickers and the strips of coordinating patterned paper.  

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Cactus Pink
Stickers: EK Success and Martha Stewart Crafts
PunchMartha Stewart Crafts

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment