Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beautiful Flowers Using a Scallop Punch

Hello everyone! Darlene here this week.

One of the main questions I get asked a lot is: "Where do you get your flowers?" Flowers are definitely one of my favorite to create using a variety of punches. So I thought I would share a couple of my favorite flowers using a simple
2 1/4" Scallop Punch.

Here is what I used to create the flowers: hot glue gun, paint brush, detailed scissors
pearl embellishments and a 2 1/4" paper punch.



Start out by punching out (6) scallop circles for each
flower you would like to create.


For the yellow flower: With the detailed scissors you will cut a slit along
every other scallop. Repeat this on each scallop circle.

For the orange flower: With the detailed scissors you will cut a slit along
 each scallop. Repeat this on each scallop circle.


With your hot glue gun, dab some glue on the underside of each
scallop circle and layer them one on top of the other.

Using your paintbrush handle roll the petals to create a more 
realistic look.

I used Simon Says Stamps Thanks 3 x 4 and punched it out with a 
Stampin Up Punch I had on hand. The leaves were hand out and hot
glued. to the flower. These flowers are the perfect accent for gifts, 
packaging, scrapbooking or card making.


*Product generously donated by EK Success
signature

1 comment: