Sunday, October 26, 2014

Wedding Card Box

Hi everyone! Darlene here ….

I wanted to share this beautiful card box I made for my daughter's wedding last week. There is a lot of inspiration on Pinterest if you are interested on creating a project like this. I created the beautiful flowers using a Martha Stewart 4 Leaf Clover punch. Each flower is made from 3 clovers with the stems cut off. I distressed the petals using Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo. I then layered the 3 clovers on top of one another using hot glue and embellished the center with a decorative pearl. Fold up the edges of each petal to make it look more realistic. After punching several leaves, I scored the center of each one and used some Walnut Stain along the edges. I punched a scallop edge using one of my punches to outline each pennant in kraft color cardstock. Going through my stash I found the perfect color chipboard letters to add to my pennant. I punched two holes at the top of each pennant and fed the twine through each hole.
For a little detail, I added a couple of tags to the handle one says, "I DO" and is distressed with Walnut Stain, Black Soot and Faded Jeans distress inks. The "getting hitched" tag is a stamp from Avery Elle's Home Sweet Home Stamp Set.






signature

No comments:

Post a Comment