Saturday, November 15, 2014

Artist Spotlight: Cindy Wallach

Hello Everyone! Anna here and it's that time again!

It's Artist Spotlight Time!

If you are interested in being featured as one of our future Artist Spotlights please send an email here:  thecraftingjournals@gmail.com

This month I have the pleasure of introducing you to our November Artist Spotlight.  She is a dear friend of mine (and the others here on The Crafting Journal's Team) her name is Cindy Wallach. Cindy, like many others, does quite a few crafts.  Between Crocheting, Filo-Fax Journaling, Scrapbooking and card making are just a few.  Now, Lets not forget that she is quite the shopper or shall I say quite the enabler while she is out shopping or even the normal stroll through the internet.  Saying all this, we wouldn't have her any other way.    

Thank you Cindy for being our November Artist Spotlight!

Name: Cindy Wallach
City & State: Northern New Jersey
Your Craft:  Cards, Scrapbooking, Crochet and Filofaxing

Social Media Info
*Twitter: @scrapcollectr
*Instagram: @scrapcollectr

Please tell me a little bit about yourself. 

I'm a native Texan living in NJ with my college sweetheart/husband of 34 years. It's a great marriage because he is 99% okay with my obsession to try and own every craft supply item that's been sold in the last 15 years. We have two grown boys that loved having access to those supplies when they needed to make something for school. But seriously, after working 11 years in Florida and NYC, I traded it in for a life of managing my household and finding time to be creative.

Questions:
1.  How long have you been crafting?

I've been tapping into my creative side since childhood. I grew up drawing, sewing and doing needlework. I didn't follow that path in college (kinda wish I did) but as they say, everything I did, led me to here and I like where I am.

2.  What got you started in Crafting?

I've always liked making cards. I remember making change of address cards and party invites with whatever supplies I could find. I came across a bin recently that once held the few rubber stamps I started out with. I've collected quite a few more since then. Lol. Like a lot of people, I got into scrapbooking when a friend invited me to a Creative Memories party. I left there with their largest kit! Between that company and discovering QVC, I was on my way. I've since had some layouts and cards published and wound up with lots of like-minded friends. That led to spots on design teams, most recently on the Creative Artist Team at EK Success for several years. A dream come true! I recently branched out to a couple of other hobbies: crochet and filofax decorating. I love the simplicity of working with yarn and my filofax is where I capture a visual history of my daily life.

3.  What is your most favorite item that you have made?

I made scrapbook albums for my each of my in-laws 80th birthdays. They had to have been 50+ pages each and they illustrated their life stories with old photos and letters that I requested of all their family and friends. The happiness it gave them was priceless.

4.  What is the number 1 thing you can't live with out when you are crafting?

Although nothing would stick without adhesive (and I have enough of it for two lifetimes), I'd have to say my trimmer. I'm kind of grid-oriented so I'm always cutting mats, rectangles or making envelopes. I'm always on the hunt for new and improved trimmers. 

5.  How often do you or are you able to spend crafting in a weeks time?  or a Months time?   How many hours? 

Since I've become addicted to Instagram, I'm crafting something daily. I love making things and sharing them with my followers. That, and I'm a real foodie, so I like to share the places I go.

Is there anything else you would like to add.  

Just that I love that creativity can come in all forms. My mantra is to keep learning and growing and finding ways to stretch the creativity in all things. Especially when it comes to organization and storage. *smile*


Be sure to check out Cindy on one or all of her Social Media links above.  

signature

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, friend. I love the crafting life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, we love you! So glad you joined us for a guest post. Your work is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete